Abu Dhabi Formula 1 2014: Part II

It's the morning of the F1 World Championship end of season race. I leap out of bed, brew my morning green tea and jump in the shower. We shall be there all day so I need an outfit that goes from race viewing, to dinner, to party. Easier said than done. I opt for my favourite canary yellow wrap-around dress (random boutique in Rome) and my black patent Louboutins (I swear I could run a marathon in those bad boys).


Abu Dhabi F1 Yas Marina
*note the tall sticks in the background. They come into the story later ;-)

Car > Yas Marina
Now, as I'm a massive petrol head, you will not find me anywhere other than in front of the TV screen or hosting my own F1 soiree so I'd already decided that to enjoy the race properly I would need
  • a view of the track
  • a TV screen
  • a view of the marina
  • close proximity to a bar
All this was delivered in full by the fine people of Diablito – a Mediterranean rooftop establishment in Yas Marina. In addition there was steak sizzling on a BBQ and I clocked one of my favourite red wines prominently displayed on the bar. I inform Mr B that should I not make it to the evening, I would quite happily be buried on that rooftop. I was, however, confused as why they would install 6ft tall sticks on the baloney obscuring the track view.. I was notified by the owner that this was on instruction by none other than Mr Ecclestone, as the view (same as the most expensive boat moorings) was deemed 'too good'. Ooh Mr E, you do make me chuckle, photo evidence above that you could not out smart EHH.

We drank:
Rioja
Moet & Chandon
Silver Patron (Hamilton Celebration Shots!)

We Ate: Steak, steak, steak (BBQ'd to perfection)
Sweet potato fries. 

Moet & Chandon at Yas Marina Abu Dhabi F1
Bubbles at Diablito


Wonderful drive by Hamilton who took first place as well as being crowned the 2014 World Champion. The marina erupted in celebration and the skies filled with fireworks to mark the end of the season. Truly, an epic atmosphere.

Cipriani (Part II)
It's too early for the big parties so we decamp to Cipriani; order drinks, nibbles and people watch. We clock a few of the same girls that were there last night... and in the same outfits! Oh ladies! Someone did not sleep in their own beds last night, did they? Flash of light bulbs and a swarm of activity blitzes through the restaurant. Yep. Kim K was in the house - exceptionally beautiful and, yes, her butt is as impressive in real life #envyofthebutt

Kim Kardashian at Cipriani after Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix 2014
Kim Kardashian at Cipriani

We Drank: 
More wine, more champagne, more espresso martinis

We Ate: 
More vanilla meringue cake

Next stop is The One to see Solomon playing. Epic club with a fantastic sound system. If you are a house music connoisseur this venue would be for you as the sounds system is incredible. I'm pooped by this time of the morning and only stay for a little while to enjoy the atmosphere and catch up with a few of my 'Dubai family'. The excitement of the weekend has caught up with me and I'm dying for my bed. 

Emma Haylan Hall goes to bed after Abu Dhabi F1 2014
Bed time for Emma Haylan Hall


Abu Dhabi, it's been amazing. Same time next year, for sure. ;-)

EHH xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment